As I was exploring around some atheistic websites, I stumbled upon www.Dangeroustalk.net and found collection of billboards advertising about theism and atheism, a literal cold war between theism and atheism; I found this really interesting as I never thought anyone would ever need to advertise about theism and atheism.
Lots and lots of questions sprung in my mind and I became determined to unravel the answers as soon as possible.
- Why advertise for theism and atheism?
- What returns will those people get from those advertisements?
- Is theism and atheism just a product or a way of life?
- Will people, upon seeing the advertisement change their beliefs?
- Why spend money on advertisement rather than doing something better?
I don’t think we need advertisement for theism and atheism, as it is a way of life and people choose how they want theirs. This is 21st century and there is information all over and around, people will find out that information which suits them and follow on.
All advertisements are published for giving information about some kind of product or package, and they are meant to generate some kind of return for those who publish those advertisement. But in this case, this advertisement doesn’t provide a win-win situation for those who see it, the people who see these are already theists or atheists, who have their own ground principles for their belief thus we can see a clear picture it is not just for attracting any one besides waging a war between the belief and non-belief.
When I saw these photographs, I felt a deep pain in chest because the photographs give a meaning that theism and atheism is some kind of product operated by some not-for-profit organization but not a way of life people choose.
I don’t even see a slightest thinking that anyone would ever change their views upon seeing these huge billboards wasting money just to show that either theism or atheism is lesser than the other. I would rather advocate using the money on something lot better like feeding a poor or educating someone who cannot afford without discriminating on their belief and non-belief.
I would like to say to all the theists and atheists don’t bulldoze your beliefs and non-beliefs on anyone with some weird ideas. Let people choose out their way and live their life with their beliefs and non-beliefs as lots of information is available to anybody anywhere. I would personally want people to perceive information on their own, analyze and conclude because there is nothing more important than what someone believes on himself or herself.
- ‘If It’s Not God, It’s Atheism’ (dangeroustalk.net)
- Theism, Atheism, and Blame (atheistethicist.blogspot.com)
- Atheism is the default position (godless.biz)
- Atheism and Popular Atheist Books (aboutpopularbooks.wordpress.com)
- The definition of atheism (barefootbum.blogspot.com)
- Hypocrisy: Where Atheism and Theism come Together and Jersey Girls (aspoonfulofsuga.wordpress.com)
- The Other Presumption of Atheism (moduspownens.wordpress.com)